The Board of the Calaveras County Air Pollution Control District (APCD) is comprised of the members of the Calaveras County Board of Supervisors, and, whenever an item of business must be considered by the APCD, it will appear as such on the Board of Supervisors agenda. The Board of Supervisors and APCD schedule regular meetings on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month at 891 Mountain Ranch Rd. in San Andreas (Bldg A). Meetings generally begin at 8:00 a.m. to discuss closed session items, with the rest of the agenda beginning at 9:00 a.m. The most recently published Board of Supervisors/Air Pollution Control District Meeting Agenda can be found on the Calaveras County BOS Meeting Portal.
The Calaveras County Air Pollution Control District is part of the Mountain Counties Air Basin. The District is recognized as a Special District and is governed by the Calaveras County Air Pollution Control Board. The primary goal of the District is to protect public health by managing the county's air quality through educating the public and enforcement of District rules and California Air Resources Control Board - Air Toxic Control Measures that result in the reduction of air pollutants and contaminants.
What the Air District Does:
- Permits and inspects stationary sources of air pollution. These sources include, but are not limited to; gasoline dispensing facilities (gas stations), rock quarries, foundries, auto paint spray booths, boilers, wood processing equipment, and diesel generators greater than 50 brake horsepower (bhp).
- Provides Burn Day information, issues burn permits, and responds to smoke complaints.
- Responds to fugitive dust complaints.
- Manages and coordinates Smoke Management Plans for prescribed burns from entities such as Cal-Fire, the Forest Service, National Forest personnel, private companies, and residents.
- Manages the Carl Moyer Grant Program that provides funding for upgrading mobile sources such as new school buses and retrofit or replacement of diesel engines.
- Manages other grant programs such as woodstove changeouts when available.